OUTRAGED

T-shirts for the good of (wo)mankind.
BUY SHIRTS HERE

OUTRAGED, ENGAGED, ACTIVE ( text )

OUTRAGED, ENGAGED, ACTIVE (text)

ORDER ON ETSY

OUTRAGED, ENGAGED, ACTIVE is a reflection of how our nation is absorbing all of the atrocious mandates and negativity during this current political climate. Let's use this energy to fuel our progressive fire.
 
80% of proceeds will be donated directly to the Syrian Emergency (through the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR)), while the other 20% covers costs for materials and shipping. 

Visit UNHCR for more info.

For a limited time only! Sale ends Thursday, March 2nd.

Select from two styles:
OUTRAGED - QUOTES (Handwritten text submissions)
OUTRAGED - TEXT (Simple text with words, Outraged; Engaged; Active)

Shirts are MADE TO ORDER. Delivery time will depend on quantity ordered. 
Available at: OutragedT's

To wash: Flip inside out, cold wash, & air dry only.

OUTRAGED, ENGAGED, ACTIVE ( quotes ) I encouraged my friends to participate in a project where I asked them to write a few words/reasons why they are outraged in this current political climate. The different handwritten responses are representative of the concerns shared by countless individuals. 

OUTRAGED, ENGAGED, ACTIVE (quotes)
I encouraged my friends to participate in a project where I asked them to write a few words/reasons why they are outraged in this current political climate. The different handwritten responses are representative of the concerns shared by countless individuals. 

WHY OUTRAGED?

A very good friend of mine reached out a couple weeks ago to check up on me. She asked how I was holding up in this, "political shit-storm". To tell you the truth, I didn't really crack a smile because I had been thinking about it a lot. I felt helpless and deflated in the days after hearing about Trump's atrocious mandates. I felt lost and numbed. We talked about the Nasty Women in Iowa charity art show I was going to exhibit work in and the more I talked about it, the more I felt guilty. Reflecting on the Women's March, I was in awe of the amount of supporters it had. Talking about it aloud only made me realize that there were so many other issues I needed to direct my attention to--too many things that needed saving. I kept asking myself, "How can I shift that same drive and enthusiasm toward a different social issue??"

There were many things Trump was taking away that I felt strongly about. I was anxious about where I should even begin and where I should lend a hand when it seemed like everyone needed help. It was overwhelming. We are being attacked at so many different angles, I felt like I was being ambushed. My friend told me that she was convinced that this was the intent. These blasts of abhorrent decisions would somehow normalize the issues and fatigue us.

When the "ban" was announced, it hit home on so many levels. This was where I drew the line. 

As an artist I am compelled to use my afflictions as a motivation to move forward. I needed an outlet for what I was feeling. It was simple: Art for radical social change. I encouraged my friends to participate in a project where I asked them to write a few words/reasons why they are outraged in this current political climate. The different handwritten responses are representative of the concerns shared by countless individuals. 

The t-shirt reads, "outraged, engaged, active"--a reflection of how I see our nation absorbing all of Trump's early executive orders. The one great thing emerging from this presidential term is that we are all coming together and paying attention. We need to keep this up. It can be exhausting but as my friend reminded me, we must "stay engaged".

I want these words to be reminders of why we need to keep fighting together. Wear it and demand to be heard, stand with your neighbors, and love one another.

Stay outraged. Stay engaged. Stay active.


DO MORE

It is not enough to be outraged and engaged. Do something about it! Be active!

The following links are the *few* organizations that were recommended to me relating to the refugee/immigration crisis. Click on the orgs below to find out more on how you can help. Please feel free to add to the list of organizations by submitting a form. 

Doctors Without Borders
The White Helmets
Save the Children
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR)
 

Name *
Name